Earning a Living

Topic has 52 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: coffee van

Will that be one of those pizza vans like we have in my French village on a Saturday night then, ALBF?

Report   Reply Quote

No, no, no.....................something better than Pizza. Pizza is has been.

This is a great idea for a ski resort !! If I did not have kids I would do this.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Ski resorts will be hasbeens soon Sad [:(]
Lack of snow in the Pyrenees.

Report   Reply Quote

Not in the summer.....and you still need to eat whatever time of the year.

It does look alittlebitrubbish for the ski season this year.

4 weeks before we go skiing, and it does not look good to be fair.

All those driving around Petersfield with empty ski racks on their cars are looking very stupid at the moment. LOL

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Your good ALBF, there is no knocking you down that is why you will be a huge success. Why not sell your idea to others and you could end up with enough money to buy in the Dordognshire.
   Report   Reply Quote

I thought about selling my idea on ebay LEV but I think I might just go on Dragons Den instead. Not that I need any investment, I just want appear on the show.

Not so long ago there was a thread on another forum about a guy who wanted to set up a food van in Alpe du Huez. Now, I know Alpe du Huez very well (we have a flat there......which is why I do not need to drive around with empty ski racks on my car to impress my neighbours) and I so desperately wanted to pass on my idea to him. Sadly my login did not work. Must of been some glitch in the software methinks. LOL.

Such is life. Poor bloke, with my help he could have fulfilled his dream. A butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon and all that....it was just never meant to be. Our paths never crossed.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

That's how it goes, the right pkace at the right time - or not.

There are many vans doing good business around France. Local to us in the Gard there's a travelling artisan coffee business also with a fixed home base; he uses the last machine (torréfacteur) in France, dating from 1905, running on wood and charcoal.

The business has happily built up, and he takes groups of visitors round his home basebto see the process. I first used to see him at local events, selling a cup of very good coffee for €1, which he still does.

The other travelling business is a fish and chip van, that we have had at 2 big events we've been involved in, the second time by popular request by French members.They adore having their fish and chips meal out of newspaper -actually printed on computer paper, so very clean. That business isn't very local to us, they come from further west and are booked up every weekend from late spring, travelling in their jolly van which is delightfully decorated, it makes everyone smile.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

ALBF I desperately need your expertise, can I hire you as a consultant to turn my business around?

I finished the year at an occupancy rate of 99% and I need to get it down to 80%

Seriously - that is my strategic objective Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine