French Education

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

What goes around comes around.

There was I at 8 O clock this morning in front of a class of (for the most part) bored, tired, disinterested, hung over from drink (and probably drugs) teenagers who really did not want to be learning English on a Monday morning and certainly not the first lesson.

Trying my hardest not to look tired myself, to look and sound motivated when inside I felt like they did, I asked myself "how did I end up here? What have I done to deserve this?"

And then I thought back to what sort of a pupil and latterly student I was Blush [:$]

If any of my teachers and lecturers are looking down from heaven they will be experiencing glee and schaudenfreude Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Re: What goes around comes around.

I can beat that.....5 oclock on Friday afternoon Woot! [:-))]
At least on Monday morning you are feeling fresher than they are...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

5 O clock on a Friday afternoon my week is only just starting, or my weekend work break as I call it.

When I return from the swimming pool at 13.00 I have almost 3 unbroken days before the Lycée again on Monday,  Tuesday apart I dont have any clear days, my usual working day going through till late evening 20-21.00 hrs after une grasse matinée.

So at 5 on a Friday I really am just waking up and getting into gear.

I cannot imagine what its like for you people that did the job full time and for a full carreer.

Report   Reply Quote

Chance, you have my utmost sympathy.

Tried that, teaching I mean....both in a secondary school and in TEFL.

Of the two, I preferred teaching English grammar to Italian teenagers to teaching Shakespeare to teenagers of the home-grown variety.  BUT, I do actually enjoy the company of both children and teenagers, maybe more than that of adults, but less than that of my dog Woot! [:-))]

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to tell you that I am PMing you later, after I have made some pancakes.  Thought I'd like to try pancakes with caramel sauce and see how they taste.

Yup, can do with a sugar hit as it's been bloody cold and dull and damp all day and the phone kept ringing with people trying to get me to agree to have a "viability study"  (urgh, translated straight from the French as I am not sure how to say that in English and sound credible at the same time Ick! [+o(]) to have solar panels installed.

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine