French Education

Topic has 0 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

short term schooling of New Zealander child

Hello,

following the previous post about short term school, I have a particular question…

I'm French living in Nimes area, having kids in French private school, & would like to ask you an advise:

We plan for the next year a 3 months home exchange with a family of New Zealand. We have 2 boys, 3 & 14 years old, they have two girls, 3 & 5 years old. Our project is to make a home exchange and both school our children in a foreign country to improve their language and discover an other way of life. On our side, it seems to be quiet easy ( but expensive ), as New Zealand schools offer international students program.

On the French side, looks to be a bit more complicate. The school of my youngest son wouldn’t match our project as it is a Calandreta school, in Occitan language and I’m not sure what it the best way to help them to apply for a public school ( école de secteur ).

Should we contact the neighbor school and mention our 3 months project of exchange or is it better to apply as if they intend to move to France?

I wander if anyone of outside EU had been applying for a short term study in a French school?

I just discovered this forum and it’s very interesting to see an other point of view on the French schooling system ;-)

Sorry for my poor English, I’ll definitely try improve it in New Zealand!

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine