Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

pool service

hello

Can anyone recommend someone qualified to service a fibreglass pool, which i have inherited with the property we have got rid of years of debris just need the pump serviced and advice on use. the pool is guaranteed for 10yrs contacted the company there recommended serviceman is 4hrs round trip i am in Nerac47

Report   Reply Quote

Re: pool service

Nerac is midway between Bordeaux and Montauban. I have no idea who is around there but perhaps the location will help?

Hopefully TP, Theirie will be along with some advice, but it would help if you could tell us what kind of pool you have? Salt, chlor, etc?

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

I can't help, far too far away from me. As for qualified, in france I am really not sure what that means, I am not sure what it means in the UK either.  Plenty of my colleagues are qualified but as the people teaching them don't know very much it hardly instills confidence.

Better to learn yourselves and save yourself a bundle of cash!

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

THIS has been my bible as far as our pool is concerned.

It's a little elderly now, but as water chemistry hasn't changed much in the past few millennia, apart from the chemicals that Big Agro manage to get in it these daze?

As TP said, pool pros (?) are not trained like doctors. The pool shops around here know not a lot about water apart from javel and PH+. I asked for some sulphuric acid and was asked why? I said for the PH regulation and was told that I needed PH+ not sulphuric acid! I showed the bloke the bidon and what it contained. It was sulphuric acid! He had not got a clue. Ask about most of the other regulators for total alkalinity, cyanuric acid, etc and you get blank looks.

DIY and questions on here that will get answered is the way I would go if I were starting again me-thinks?

John.

Report   Reply Quote

hi
it is choride  fibreglass pool
the pump appears to be running but not pumping which is why i thought a service may throw some light, my first pool so not sure how it all works

Report   Reply Quote

Whatever you do don't run the pump without water in it for more than 30 seconds or so or it will burn out the seals on the pump shaft.

As you have never had anything to do with pools before JG it may be a good idea to have a look at this video

The valve is slightly different to ones that I have seen in that it has a Winter position, but it explains the working quite well. The second video in that series is a bit strange and just goes over the positions quickly? Not really worth the couple of minutes watching I think.

I assume that the pool is full of water? And not 1/2 emptied for 'winterising'??

John.

Report   Reply Quote

hi

thanks will watch yes full of water

but i really wanted a professional to service and then answer questions we might have

Report   Reply Quote

A possibility would be to ask your neighbours who have a pool? And see if they use anyone local??

I find it a lot more satisfying, and cheaper, DIYing it and after 11 years I'm getting used to it..

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine