Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 18 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Big Smile [:D]

What are the best French baby names for a girl ?

Hello guys i am blessed with a girl . I am American and married to a France man . I want some good girls french  names . It will surprise my husband if i can share some names with him .

Report   Reply Quote

Re: What are the best French baby names for a girl ?

Congratulations.

It is always difficult to decide what is a good name. Our view of names is often coloured by whether or not we like people who have that name. How do you like your husband's mother's name or other family names. Where do you live? America, France or somewhere else? You could try googling for common French girls names and see if any of those appeals to you. Good luck in any case
"There are some causes worth dying for - there are no causes worth killing for" Albert Camus
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

Congratulations. As Rabbie said it's all very personal to you. For my mind I like the following
http://nameberry.com/babyname/Amelie

Report   Reply Quote

Whatever you choose remember it will probably be shortened eventually.
My 2 favourites are Geneviève and Ghislaine. Genny sounds nice, but not Ghisy.

Report   Reply Quote

I like Laetitia and Mathilde

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

If you child is to have the immense benefit of being bilingual then try to choose names that sound ok in both languages.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

OK then, Lucie or Claire?

But I don't think it's that important if the name is obviously French but it might be best to avoid names with accents because then it's hard to write on a QWERTY keyboard?Smile [:)]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Writing on a keyboard is not a good idea! But maybe QWERTIA might be a novel name.
Or you could go for the old ones like Marie Therese (leave off the accents) but do see 'La Vie est une longue fleuve tranquille' first.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine