Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 6 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

A job for Théière ?

Or is it just a lot of pea green soup?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/37029833

Quite unacceptable I would have thought.

Do not believe anything until it has been officially denied
   Report   Reply Quote
Ick! [+o(]

Re: A job for Théière ?

Its some chemical the Russian team have been using to help them cheat,
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Now it's also the pool next door!
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/olympic-water-polo-pool-turned-161856177.html

Our news said the "Experts" (always a worry) said it's because of low alkalinity...........................................Ha! low sanitiser!  I run my vinyl pool with an Alkalinity of 35-40ppm rock solid pH despite lots of adults splashing around

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yeah I thought a few bucketfuls of javel might do the trick Wink [;-)]
What beggars belief is that this is the pinnacle of the event on a world stage and they can't get the water right.

Do not believe anything until it has been officially denied
   Report   Reply Quote

Does a pool really change colour that quickly and drastically? I thought it was something to do with the television cameras, the lighting or transmission.

Why have I never seen a municipal swimming pool look like that in 50 years? Do they shut them when it happens? They always seem to be sloshing javel around the footbaths and vestiares.

Report   Reply Quote

As we have all just witnessed, yes they can. A customer in the Dordogne had theirs change in 45 minutes after they removed the cover. Algae are plants and at certain times they can bloom. If the water has sufficient nutrient levels and plenty of sun light together with Brazil's temperatures and you have a recipe for an embarrassing episode on the world stage.
   Report   Reply Quote

Someone eating asparagus?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine