Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 56 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Bloo*y school buses

Four kids slaughtered and heaven knows how many damaged; those soddin school buses are lethal. How did the driver not see the train?
I see them round here on the little lanes and it is a miracle those kids survive.
In case you don't know, a train clobbered a coach load of kids on a level crossing, about 10 miles west of Perpignan.
Ahhhhhhhhh!!
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Bloo*y school buses

I could say the same about white van drivers but it seems a bit harsh to blame them all because of a few bad apples. Do you actually know the details of what happened?
   Report   Reply Quote

Bus apparently got caught between the barriers at a crossing that had been frequently complained about. Will have to wait for the official report.
Seems unlikely though.
   Report   Reply Quote

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/14/school-bus-and-train-in-serious-accident-in-southern-france
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

There seems to be confusion as to what happened re the barriers at this crossing.

According to witnesses cited by Le Figaro, the crossing barriers were down when the crash occurred.

But the big sister of a pupil in a second school bus behind the one struck by the train said: "She just told us that the bus was cut in two down the middle, and that it had crossed because the barriers were not down."

At any time the urge to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is only a whim away.
   Report   Reply Quote

Smacks of nastiness to me, A's word against B's , one of which may be a load of terrified, damaged kids.
   Report   Reply Quote

Kids don't do that stuff - at that age they say what they see.
At any time the urge to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is only a whim away.
   Report   Reply Quote

Or what they think they saw !

Until some hard and indisputable facts begin to emerge though I fail to see the point of even discussing the incident because all it can amount to is gossip and wild speculation.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine