The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 5 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

A translation exercise for Trump’s language

The brilliant genius that is D. Trump is alleged (he denies it, of course) to have called some countries ****holes. The French translation seems to be Pays de M erde. Somehow this does not seem to get to the grit of what Trumpy said. Anyone feel like offering a better translation.
As his visit to Youkay has been cancelled with Trumpy Tantrums, is GB now one of those countries?
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: A translation exercise for Trump’s language

My 8 year old says DT is a 'con'. 8 year old French kids are smarter than fully grown Americans. Imagine that. LOL

I don't know regarding your question. I saw on BFM that it was translated it to 'Pays de M erde' Does not work does it.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I think bordel or porqueria de m erde is closer to what the big T (allegedly) implied.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Something like "trouduc?"...'merdier' ? 'chiottes' is of course a sh1thouse..

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Wasnt there once a president or ruler of one of these countries with a name pronounced Sit-holey?

First name Benjamin? Or Imight have imagined that, I know it made the adolescent Chancer laugh whenever he heard the name mentioned.

Might have been a "Not the nine o clock news" sketch?

Report   Reply Quote

Chancer wrote:

Wasnt there once a president or ruler of one of these countries with a name pronounced Sit-holey?

Actually, there are lots of sitholes in that part of the worldSmile [:)]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndabaningi_Sithole

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine