Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 30 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Immos nil - Leboncoin 1

Shook hands with a buyer for our house today.

Been on since May with a selection of Immos but apart from a couple of viewings early on zilch.

Advertised it ourselves on Leboncoin on Sunday, three immediate viewings and a buyer in 4 days!

Immos are all FLUB's

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Immos nil - Leboncoin 1

Great result, well done you!

I had never seen or heard FLUB  used before but it took nanoseconds to work out what it meant!

Most of the FLUBs around here just put the properties on Leboncoin anyway.

Report   Reply Quote

Were the Flubs that bought your house British ?

P.S What does Flub mean ?

Yes, Le Bon coin is the way to go for buying and selling houses.

Hopefully sooner or later they will put FE and Legetts out of business. Fingers crossed.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Having said that....

I saw a house yesterday for 725 k on Le bon coin and 687 k on another website.

Of course it was not Leven's website but you do have to search around. Le bon coin is not always the best site for buying.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I"ll give you a clue, the L is either for lazy or lying.

Did you make a bomb ANO?

Report   Reply Quote

We had a similar experience with agents and our rental property. The agent swore blind that there was no one suitable..we refused to renew her mandate, advertised on LBC and had house rented in 2 weeks.
   Report   Reply Quote

La bouche à l'oreille is finally working well for me, I wanted to remain with monthly rentals until April/May, the German company with Polish workers who were supposed to return on Jan 7th must have taken the hint regarding their late payments and they didnt show up,  nightly rentals freplaced the loss and considerably more during the last 2 weeks, during that time I had a constant stream of demandeurs from the far corners of France, the 2 flats are now relet for 3 and 6 months respectively from the end of January and I had to turn away 3 other decent candidates.
   Report   Reply Quote

I wish, we haven't even broke even but then we have enjoyed it as our home for 11 years and spent very little on it in that time. If we were going back (which we're not) and converting the proceeds to £ we would be making a modest profit.

Thing is all the FLUB's say that they put their properties up on Leboncoin and Greenacres but don't tell you that it's only for a limited period.

Truth be told though the time lost since May has not been such a bad thing as it's only during this past couple of months that I've got completely on top my health issues so a quick sale back then could have been pretty stressful.

Local french buyers BTW.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine