The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 4 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

You say Normandy, we say Normandie

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/mar/11/normandy-advert-to-seduce-post-brexit-uk-firms-banned

Maybe we can both agree it's called "putting the cat amongst the pigeons"

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: You say Normandy, we say Normandie

Following on from the Buzzwords thread, newspapers should cast a very critical eye over their headlines before publication. The Guardian seems to think Brexit has been banned. They must know something we don't.
   Report   Reply Quote

I agree completely AR.  These media types no longer seem to be able to construct clear, unambiguous sentencesSad [:(]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

"These media types no longer seem to be able to construct clear, unambiguous sentences"
Since returning 'home' I've started to buy the Observer (which I couldn't get in France) instead of the S.T. , which has become nearly as bad as the D.M.
It's a much more serious paper,  but some of the articles are just too intellectual for me.
eg this week's Essay: "Why the Left's hellish vision is so Ruinous " by Andrew Hindmoor.

Report   Reply Quote

Agreed.

The Guardian and sister Observer are supposed to be centre left but editorial changes make that a joke.

The author of that essay is an out and out academic who appears to have made his academic career in politics by writing about "new" labour. Bliar etc were really very right wing imho.

Try the independent though take even that with a pinch of salt. DM is good for the pictures but, to its credit, is not subtle about its political bent..

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine