The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 16 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Using la Poste as proof of identity

Has anyone used IDentité by the Post Office?

I have had my email and mobile number verified and the facteur came on Friday morning to look at my passport and tapped buttons on his hand held electronic gadget.

The same morning, at 11.25, I had an email to say that my account had been verified and that I would be able to use it within the day.

Alas, no password, couldn't create a password and I can only hope that on Monday, I will be able to use the service, having sent a couple of queries to Customer Service.

If anyone has any experience of this, could you please shed some light on this matter, svp.

As an aside, I am using this la Poste service to enable me to use France Connect.  So, if anyone has used France Connect, could you please say which method you employed?

Many thanks.....needless to say, all advice will be very welcome and enthusiastically embraced!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Using la Poste as proof of identity

Mint

I have no idea what you are talking about so I can't help.

Do I still get enthusiastically embraced ?

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

ALBF, do some googling and then come back and explain to me what I need to do or what I have done incorrectly...then maybe, I'd think about giving you one of these Kiss [kiss]

Report   Reply Quote

I tried this a few years back but the postal service is so chaotic I never received the courrier so was never authenticated.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks, Norman.  I really thought all was on course when I had the email saying it was activated.

The facteur, who knows me well, told me that he'd been doing this for many people and my cleaning lady, who is a fount of information, also told me that it was quick and simple.

Guessing from your post, the password comes by courrier then?  Yes, that would make sense except I understood the email to say that I could use the account the same day.

If I still do not get a password on Monday, I will try to use one of the other ways suggested by France Connect.

Report   Reply Quote

FranceConnect only works properly if you have verified using a French ID, using my UK passport through La Poste verified OK but did not work elsewhere.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you, Simon, for that very illuminating post.  Yes, that would explain why I couldn't use that service.

Report   Reply Quote

I verified my identity for France Connect by using my tax ID.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine