Earning a Living

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Airport Transfers

I am moving to France shortly and wanted to know what I would need to do to legally do airport transfers and such like as there seems to be a big market. Any advice?

   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Airport Transfers

You'd need to become licensed , for a start.
The basic information is here:


In a nutshell, in case your French isn't up to it, you need the appropriate driving license, a medical certificate, you need to hold a first aid diploma, you need to pass a three and a half hour exam, do continuous professional development of 14 hours every 5 years...

Then you get your professional card, and you have to set up your business and register.

NB, this is the procedure for a "private hire" driver, NOT a taxi, as I'm assuming that's what you're planning.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Airport Transfers

Hmmmm....I would forget that one OP.

It is a good idea on paper but running a business is so expensive in France that the prices that you would have to offer in order to make a living would put all your potential (I am guessing...Brits) off the idea of using your services.

Then there is all that admin stuff that Betty highlighted.

Welcome to France.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine