Earning a Living

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Can someone be Autoentrepreneur and separately take CESU payments?

I am very out of date on this since I helped a couple of people set up as AE at the very beginning of the scheme, so I prefer to ask anyone who is currently using it..
Does one have to choose between AE and CESU or can one work in both systems at the same time?

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Can someone be Autoentrepreneur and separately take CESU payments?

It's called microentrepreneur these days! and yes you can use both systems, many people do. Obviously you keep the two revenue streams totally separate. What you earn via CESU is not included in the declarations of turnover you make to URSSAF, it's processed via the CESU system and your employer pays cotisations on that. On your tax return you declare your ME turnover and your CESU earnings separately in different boxes.
None of the recent changes have affected that aspect of things.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you for that extremely rapid and very helpful reply.
Just what I needed to know.
You are exactly the person I hoped would answer as you are an expert in these areas.
Beer [B]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

You're welcome Norman, thanks for the complement and it's always nice to be able to help out with a straightforward answer to a straightforward question ;-)
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine