Driving in France

Topic has 7 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

help with translation etc

We  need info. about no-claims bonus on the car we had in France.
Do you think this is it?
"Le coefficient de reduction/majoration applique a la derniere echance annuelle du 15/11/2017 est de 0,50."
And if so, does it mean 50%?
Thanks in advance.

Report   Reply Quote

Re: help with translation etc

Yes, that's it.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Mercy bucket Smile [:)]

Report   Reply Quote

Our french insurance company gave us a form to pass on to our new insurance company with several languages on it. Bit like the forms we get to fill in for Proof of Life for the french pension folk.

Very helpful.

Report   Reply Quote

When we did this England to France, my no claims discount was 80% (this is in 2002) but the French company told us that 50% is the maximum in France.
Maybe, Patf, you can prove you have had no claims and may be able to negotiate better than 50%.
Mrs H

Report   Reply Quote

Following Hereford's point, you could show your UK company your last few renewals showing the 50% reduction to establish the number of accident-free years.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I'm embarrassed Blush [:$] to admit that I stupidly scrapped the files on our french vehicles a few months ago (after moving back.) A lesson for others!
Luckily our CA/Pacifica agent in France is very helpful and she sent me a copy of the last statement before we sold that car.
We're trying to get a cheaper estimate for car insurance here.
Another point is that the UK insurers seem to prefer that we have UK driving licenses, so we're in the process of changing now. Although legally I think we can drive on a french license for 3 years after leaving France. But post Brexit, who knows?

Report   Reply Quote

Good job you are changing your french licences, as they need to be changed back when one moves back.

OH won't until he is 70 unless the dreaded 'B' thingy affects it, and then maybe we will have to move back so no point.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine