French Food and Wine

Topic has 8 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

What is happening to the price of free-range eggs?

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: What is happening to the price of free-range eggs?

The price of organic free range eggs in our part of the Gard hasn’t changed recently; 2€80 for 6, 5€50 for 12.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Mr Macron’s minimum prices for producers causing price rises?
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Not just eggs but most things I buy seem more expensive.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hens often stop laying eggs at this time of the year. If they're truly free range. So perhaps there's a shortage.
I think battery hens are kept in light conditions which make them think it's spring all the time.

Report   Reply Quote

Makes me appreciate more our local producer - we pay €2.30/6 at our Panier Paysan (cooperative of local producers).
Joined in 2005 - previously chessfou, etc. - email/PW mismatch every so often meant rejoining several times
   Report   Reply Quote

"Not just eggs but most things I buy seem more expensive."

It remind me of the change over to the euro when one of the things that was most held up as an example of the inflation  caused was the price of a baguette.
Eggs and baguettes are simple items that one buys often, and so can act as a landmark for rising prices..

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

I have three eggs for breakfast, but I save by not eating bread......?
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine