Driving in France

Topic has 10 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Cool [8-|]

Holiday drivers

A word of warning to Brtish motorists driving in France with UK registered cars. A very close relative of mine has just received a speeding fine from the French authorities after being flashed by a speed camera last summer.
The French don't ask who was driving as the English police do, they just send the fine to the owner. There have been rumours for some time now that the French police had access to the DVLA, but this is the first time I've heard of someone being caught.
One bright light on the horizon is that the Gilets Jaunes have vandalised a large percentage of fixed cameras, but be sure that the Gendarmes will be sighting up the mobile cameras around Calais and other ports this summer, after all the French need the income as Mr Macron is facing financial problems. LOL
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Holiday drivers

That’s interesting. On another French forum there are often complaints about fines arriving several months after a visit, but several have popped up over the last couple of days.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Don't see the problem with this. You speed. You get caught. You get fined.
   Report   Reply Quote

How about the other way round? Have only been to the UK a couple of times on our motorbike (French plates) and have just ignored the cameras.
   Report   Reply Quote

Really. Do you mean you just ignore the speed limits?
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

Mac wrote the following post at 16/03/2019 12:22:
Really. Do you mean you just ignore the speed limits?

Not all people ignore the limits at all, just that some people do make mistakes. It's not difficult with a carload of kids and the expectations of enjoying a good holiday still, I take it from your curt reply you don't. So good luck, I just wish I was perfect in every way, sadly I'm not.
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

If we leave the EU, maybe they will tear up the agreement allowing the access to our vehicle database.
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Quote 'If we leave the EU, maybe they will tear up the agreement allowing the access to our vehicle database.'

Er, no - the DVLA charge for the information so a nice little earner for them.
BREXIT - wonder what the future holds
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine