The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 6 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Death of a child

On Wednesday a little girl was buried in Paris. She was 11 years old and had committed suicide. Because she was bullied beyond bearing at her college.
What the hell is going on in schools that this can happen? They are supposed to be a safe and protected environment.
Does no one watch or care?
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Death of a child

I too know of this happening to a family. It was a few years ago and ofcourse they have never got over it.

The school, well, on this child's last day, the parents when to the school and were dismissed, saying that the mother was hysterical and there was no problem.

What is happening, no idea, it is truly awful and nothing happens to he Principals when they are told and do nothing, they are simply shifted.

Report   Reply Quote

Wooly wrote : What the hell is going on in schools that this can happen? They are supposed to be a safe and protected environment.
Does no one watch or care?

According to the report it was not only her classmates but, apparently, one of the teachers . . known for being acid-tongued . . who was very nasty to this young girl.

This makes my blood boil.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

A few years ago, our eldest was been made fun of at the village school (3 to 11 year olds) because of his, then, long and curly blond hair. I spoke to the Principal who said he would deal with it.

What he actually did was in the next lesson was to ask our son to stand up and name those responsible in front of them and the rest of the class. This he did. The teacher then asked who else they were mocking/bullying. Another half dozen kids raised their hands. I was not best pleased when eldest told me, as it could have gone either way. Luckily it stopped.

Even at this age, the kids were finding places in the play ground where the teacher/aide did not have good visibility and bullying kids.
   Report   Reply Quote

It was carried as a news item on the radio news channel. What struck me particularly was the matter of fact way it was reported which somehow seemed very inappropriate.
But maybe that was just me!
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

French schools are a handful.

Believe me.

As a parent you have to be so on your toes.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

What a kind word to describe them.......... 'handful'.

I had hoped that they had improved radically since my kids were there, but it would seem that, very sadly, they appear to have not.

Great for the best, the creme de la creme and for the rest???? are they still as they were?

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine