The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 10 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

We need new moderators!

This is yet another appeal for new moderators.

It is prompted by the latest spat on the forum. I deleted several posts and banned several of the ‘new’ posters. This did not stop the problem because banned posters can quite easily come back as someone else, just as the last moderator to leave did, so I deleted the whole thread.
This prompted the question, “Why didn't the moderators …… “
There has only been one moderator for the last three years and she is fed up.
Then Martin wrote, “I've just wasted three minutes of my life reading this thread” …….. and it made me reflect that he was not the only one.
To crown it all Wooly wrote, “After all, Hoody has to earn her bowl of rice.” Just to be clear, I don’t even get a grain of rice for doing this. I don’t want one, I just want regular posters to behave decently and not spend what often seems like their after-dinner time waving their antlers at each other.
This used to be, and often still is, such a useful form I would hate to see it close.
I can see that this is not an attractive job advert, but we really need other moderators.

Report   Reply Quote

Re: We need new moderators!

Hoody, that was irony. Moderators earn nothing though they used to get a free subscription to the magazine, I seem to remember. Scant reward.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Mint, you up for it? Go on, you know you want to!😜
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

I would just like to say thank you Hoddy.
You do deserve a bloody Légion d'honneur, for working on this for nowt but the love.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

I would also like to add my thanks for the task that you do. Your explanation of posters posting under a new name was something that i suspected for a long time but didnt know for sure.
   Report   Reply Quote

Respect Hoddy,  I hadn't realised you were on your own in the job.   Bon courage.

Report   Reply Quote

Hoddy - much thanks for plodding on here, a thankless job usually.
I have my own view on these francophile forums, but it probably wouldn't be popular on here.

Report   Reply Quote

Hoddy I'd like to give my thanks.

Please could you give us a brief on what being a moderator entails? Perhaps that might help for people who think they have spare time?
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine