The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Shocking!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/04/macron-hears-police-officer-refuse-to-help-woman-in-danger
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Shocking!

Sadly I am not shocked and the only good thing to
have happened here was that Macron was there. Come on
Macron, do something.

I thought that french law should have covered, with people being legally obliged to help someone in danger, but if the gendarmes do not believe that that applies to them, well, it is foutouSad [:(]

Report   Reply Quote

This may be a specific case though as she wanted the gendarme to be with her when she went to get her stuff. She was not in immediate danger
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

This woman was obviously very frightened because she had already been a victim of violence and had made that huge decision,  ( not before time) to leave.

Was she in danger, I would say yes, as it takes a nanosecond for someone violent to become violent.

I cannot help but wonder where in the world domestic violence is taken truly seriously. Trouble is with victims who believe their abuser being contrite afterwards, or are simply too afraid to leave.

It is an awful situation, but I still think that the gendarmes should have gone with her.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine