The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 7 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Weather warnings - Aude second home

Hi all - with the terrible rain and flooding over the last few days in Aude/Herault .. I was keen to understand how I keep on top of this with a second home in Aude? Is there some form or weather feed / source of info that warns you when there is a weather warning?

On same topic, how do you see the impact - I am keen to see if my area was affected … etc

Darren
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Weather warnings - Aude second home

I use Accu weather for my information and it seems pretty good to me. Go to the website and then put in the location you wish to see. Not sure about the past impact, I only use it for present or future reference.
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

I use
https://www.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-france/departement-11/previsions-meteo-aude-aujourdhui

if you go to a specific town you can get an hourly forecast which is pretty good

I am  in the Hérault and use this chap on Facebook, but it is in French and rather technical
https://www.facebook.com/MeteoHerault/?__xts__[0]=68.ARDOvZsfyU4b1H1Sjyyu78gIpRkyH9GCdxKVm0dtaANqjiF0EDUyhxs_xRUwJu_Xaji5kY-AITvXgKN2oLnPqmqOx6j3M2afekmeseCY6IXX4YAqcTDeyHMZ3EhcOUx655BrStlcsvab9xXc_ARFZc42WfOG2hH_8FZdqhCf7bbejG-arl9tP1NFZZKSOTAlGovN1Ik4xGqIYXekHjejttT_8Xt3g-9ihSKxWD5LOYFkAHP-dOxtlWfdUC92KaFmi1vwpstYUeI9zxSSuywnubpVgD1rvVy8OU68PSyPW_Ibu7RkB6wjc1yJUBMNzF56hRyAJQF-yhifSAB-q_TFlKrIaQYon_LC5z6X3GL69gPJ7WKkqkiCtqPW&__xts__[1]=68.ARBJBg6xo-ugHfPHUQe0-r3QWz9ciP_ZoXOu4GYFZuZ7Uo7c8_iHgG42_gix38wbtHZ96mFJ2k82oqEPA2Qjv-iEl0VVtI58TggCgCVgk9uzEy6ITCNkRx8GGCKYH4AQyIIIe7FLwm-YVSVuGxheyjgFAe9GY39QwD7acH0OgLrA1JGIJTcGf84jFBtRQa8wL1gGPG_MUlqtrr2LmHxhNizHgKf8xii5iew6XsLiDn20nQC9RcR7rKq61Vkpk0_C03daRqN_ofSw8SfZtKumirbcMWDjZxhFN1UASSzP1zcAaEYqCDIxAfghgy93jlF8Td-TwWvtgLLPLQaRvtZmes4B7w&__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARBKwim78qivgP1LU_eCFI2C47RllF43iJRsz2IpjZWjY3BUJP14wZlrRlsJFCW_1fXy4sd_Zwi0pQIP&hc_ref=ARScR_a1DT8NuXQ-yA-0l3_UcLfklbdsxNQPHFYRvxheurvohnCCyowkw6duH2LZdt0&fref=nf

For after and during the event you can look at MidiLibre

and they have a twitter feed
for me it is @MLBeziers

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

I can't highlight Norm's first link to copy it, as it spreads across a load of spurious stuff on the RHS.

I use this link to give a broad view of what's happening in the department, as it shows any roads which are affected. https://www.inforoute11.fr/

You have to zoom in to better identify the part that interests you, but it's about as good as anything else produced in this dept.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I use seaweed!
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

woolybanana wrote:
I use seaweed!

Pine cones are much better!

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I ask the neighbours who know everything. Most of it wrong though......
   Report   Reply Quote

My First link is clickable so there should be no need to highlight it really

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine