French Food and Wine

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Cooks Treats

Cooks treats and all that sort of stuff.

I am fond of food, but I am rather fond of some things, like when I strip a cooked chicken down and I have those little 'oysters' which will have been on the chicks back.

Licking the wooden spoon when I have finished  baking.

And my husband, scraping the edge of the rice pudding dish..... we have some friends who love doing that too, the lasagne dish is another or any gratin come to think.

Is this everyone, does anyone just wash up and not dip in a little to that which is untouched and left?? Or is it just us and our friends???

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Cooks Treats

What a waste it would be to leave those delicious little bits behind .. I'm with you.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Get in the queue, dears!😜👍
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Chicken oysters are one of my favourites too.
Another tasty thing - I usually make cheese and tomato toasties for supper, Some of the filling always leaks out and gets nicely browned - never wasted.

Report   Reply Quote

Try the parson’s nose of the chicken or turkey!
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I have never ever eaten the parson's nose, it always seems so squishy and unappetising. Maybe next time I roast a chicken, I'll give it a go.

Report   Reply Quote

It seems I'll be having "Sot-l'y-laisse de dinde" (turkey oysters) from the anti-gaspi frigo tonight.
   Report   Reply Quote

Too late to say ' bon app' but I bet they were lovely.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine