Health

Topic has 2 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Early Retiree - how to join the french system

Hi - we have just moved to France. I came first and established a micro enterprise which entitles me to health cover. My wife who has now joined me, is about to apply separately to join the health system. She has a service pension that will be continued to be taxed in the UK. She is about six months away from being able to qualify for an S1. I am trying to find out what her options are. It is rather confusing Any help?
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Early Retiree - how to join the french system

The best way is to apply to join the French health system through PUMA.
https://www.ameli.fr/vienne/assure/droits-demarches/principes/protection-universelle-maladie

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Early Retiree - how to join the french system

She should complete the document under "Documents utiles" at the bottom of the link supplied by BinB - "Demande de prise en charge des frais de santé à titre personnel en cas de maladie ou maternité ", and take/send it to your local CPAM office, together with a RIB for your bank.

Normal 0 Normal 0

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine