The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 9 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Pregnant woman killed by dogs

Another tragedy associated with hunting as a pregnant woman out walking her dogs in the woods is killed a stag hunting pack of dogs. And the hunt denies immediately that their dogs were responsible.
The poor woman had phoned her partner to say that a pack of dogs was threatening her.

How much longer must the madness of hunting go on without serious controls? Why not simply train athletes and let the dogs hunt them? Or use those poor s ods under canvas over the winter round Calais and Dunkerque, at least they would get warm running for their lives which must be better than being frozen to death in freezer containers.
Very,very angry.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Pregnant woman killed by dogs

A terrible tragedy.

I’ve read that hunt dogs in the area are being tested for DNA as well as the woman’s dogs. But apparently it's thought locally that wolves might be in the forest.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

I can't find an update on this story. Has anyone else seen an update ?
   Report   Reply Quote

They did say that the DNA results might take a little while.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I read that it could take between 1 and 6 weeks for the DNA test results to be ready.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

There is more to this story than meets the eye.

I would not be so quick to blame the chasse or their dogs.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

For once, ALBF, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Report   Reply Quote

There's quite a detailed article here
https://www.animals24-7.org/2019/11/25/pit-bull-or-hunting-hounds-who-killed-elisa-pilarski-unborn-child-enzo/

No DNA results yet, presumably.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine