French Language

Topic has 32 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: french words that sound alike

Here's one for you to savour, Patf - a little sentence that my niece had to practice when she was in school here in France ... Smile [:)]

"Je me murmure que les mûres sur la mur sont mûres."

A+

Craig

 

 

 

 


   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

 ventodue wrote:

"Je me murmure que les mûres sur la mur sont mûres." 

Graig, get back to her quickly and get her to change that phrase to " Je me murmure que les mures sur LE mur sont mures"......!!!


Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

 ericd wrote:
 ventodue wrote:

"Je me murmure que les mûres sur la mur sont mûres." 

Graig, get back to her quickly and get her to change that phrase to " Je me murmure que les mures sur LE mur sont mures"......!!! or she will end up having a complex.


Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

 ericd wrote:
[Graig, get back to her quickly and get her to change that phrase to " Je me murmure que les mures sur LE mur sont mures"......!!!

Big Smile [:D]!  Nah, that's an error entirely of my own making Blush [:$]

P.s  Btw, it's Craig, not Graig Big Smile [:D] Big Smile [:D]


   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

Ooopss sorry but not as important as La mur ...Cool [8-|]
Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

Craig - that made me laugh Big Smile [:D]
But also Eric's mistake with Craig and Graig - we had friends here, now returned to the UK, and he was called Craig. He told us that the locals couldn't pronounce his name. It came out like Ggrrrraig, with the gutteral "r".Smile [:)]

   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

 Patf wrote:
But also Eric's mistake with Craig and Graig - we had friends here, now returned to the UK, and he was called Craig. He told us that the locals couldn't pronounce his name. It came out like Ggrrrraig, with the gutteral "r".Smile [:)]

Nah, I think it's really asking too much to ask the locals to get it right.  I gave up expecting that a long time ago ... Smile [:)]

Mind you, being called Ggrrraig is a lot better than some of the things I've been called in my life ...Whistles [Www]


   Report   Reply Quote

Re: french words that sound alike

A useful site for Homophones in French is this
http://ameliorersonfrancais.com/grammaire/homophone/

although I don't see the classic Verre/vers/vert/ver

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine