French Language

Topic has 52 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Pads is confused again

Me too...how I wish I had done french in school ..Oh well making up for it now .
Dirty Tom =^..^=
Where ever I lay my paw thats my home

I support SPA Carcassonne ...go get a dog today
http://spacarcassonne.e-monsite.com/
   Report   Reply Quote

The snag is that when you're chatting to somebody, you don't always have the time to say the rhyme in your head before they have moved on to another topic!Woot! [:-))]

To this day, I cannot do any sort of multiplication of any number above 5 or so without having to go through the entire multiplication table to get the answer.  It is the bane of my life - thank goodness for calculators!   I guess some methods work for some people and others for others - there is rarely a one size fits all to teaching (again, a reason why I wouldn't even begin to try it myself - leave it to the professionals.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

sweet 17 wrote:

Angela, order of pronouns!  Blimey, what have I missed by not learning French in school....

Oh, do, do, do, please, please, please tell me how to remember order of pronouns.  I'm mostly OK until I come to sentences like "He gave it to me to give to you" when I'm still OKish but have to work it all out in my head first.

Why not think of a football team!Wink [;-)]

Report   Reply Quote

Well, here you are Sweets, since you asked SO nicely...

me, te, se, nous, vous
before
le, la, les
before
lui, leur
before
y
before
en

I still sometimes scamper through it at high speed in my head if I have a tricky bit of French writing to do!

Bonne utilisation!

Angela

PS Can't wait to hear the one about the football team, ppp

Report   Reply Quote

At prep school in the late 40s I met the football team; let me introduce you to them...

The 5 forwards; me,te,se,nous,vous;

the 3 half-backs; le, la, les;

the 2 backs; lui, leur;

the goal-keeper; y

and not forgetting the reserve; en.

Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

pachapapa wrote:

At prep school in the late 40s I met the football team; let me introduce you to them...

The 5 forwards; me,te,se,nous,vous;

the 3 half-backs; le, la, les;

the 2 backs; lui, leur;

the goal-keeper; y

and not forgetting the reserve; en.

Big Smile [:D]

Now you've switched me off altogether.Whistles [Www]
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

That's cos the newer football teams don't use 5 3 2 any longer Smile [:)]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Ah, well we played netball, so Miss O'Sheill never mentioned a football connection!

Angela
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine