French Language

Topic has 38 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: What do you call a scraper?

andy, please come back, un-huffed!  I thought raclette is a kind of cook-it-yourself cheese dish and that the implements are like miniature fish slices.

Anyway, I've got it now, a raclette or a spatule or a maryse......

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

A Utube featuring a "mini fish slice"!Stick out tongue [:P]  Une raclatteuse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0Nv4fqyhg

A spat-tool is more practical.

Report   Reply Quote

To be really pernicketty - if you want to use this thing to scrape out , eg, the remains of cake batter from a mixing bowl, you need a blade that's flexible. So rubber is a good material. Also a soft plastic , or the type of silicone which is used now for some baking tins.

Report   Reply Quote

sweet 17 wrote:

andy, please come back, un-huffed!  I thought raclette is a kind of cook-it-yourself cheese dish

I'm back.Stick out tongue [:P]

and yes a raclette is also a cheese dish, a cheese type, and the thing you use for scraping the suds off the window or shower door when you clean them

Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

or an alternative to a gifle!
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Why not just use one of your many credit cards sweet?Idea [I]Smile [:)]
the real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, and blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday
   Report   Reply Quote

So............here I am again!  Yes, never thought about one of my credit cards., JJ.  And I do really, really use one for cleaning the windscreen of snow and ice.

Anyway, many thanks, everyone.  I was in Netto this afternoon and I saw a spatule and a "brusher" in a pack for 4 euros so I have bought that.

Not that I need a pastry brush because I have a state-of-the-art silicone and brush chrome affair (well, why shouldn't I?) and so I have a spare brusher if anyone is desperate for one!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Sell it for €100 on Leboncoin
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine