English Books

Topic has 27 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Lee Child - Reacher

I always suspect that when the diminutive TC looks in the mirror he sees himself as Jack Reacher.

I must say I am getting a little sick of mis cast things. I have just read The Constant Gardener and yet again John le Carre has allowed them to mis cast, or didn't care! As for all Rachael Weisz is beautiful, she was tooooo old to play the part10 years too old. The 'thing' about the book was the age difference between Julien and Tessa about 20 years and she should have only been in her mid 20's and he in his mid forties. All wrong, same happened with The Little Drummer Girl when Diane Keaton played a very english girl, as miscast as Zellwegger playing Bridget Jones.

I daresay people will go an watch the new dinky Jack Reacher, as they won't have read the books. Sounds like a few won't thoughWhistles [Www]

Report   Reply Quote

Size and miscasting apart - what's the attraction of Tom Cruise anyway?Confused [8-)]
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

I think that Lee Child has also said that although Reacher is physically bigger than TC,  Reacher's size is 'metaphorical' and he (LC) considers that TC will bring credibility and authority to his portrayal.

The fact that TC is major box office and almost certainly guarantees the success of the film is, we are led to believe, a bonus.  To be fair, TC was better than I'd expected in his role as Lestat in 'Interview with a Vampire'.

I always thought of a younger Rutger Hauer when picturing Reacher although
Alexander Skarsgard, Josh Holloway or Matthew McConaughey are probably top of my list now.

Report   Reply Quote

Did anybody see Childs interviewed the other night on the Crime AtoZ currently being broadcast on ITV3?  His justification for accepting the casting of Cruise was that only a tiny proportion of the population would be pleased, whomever had been chosen.   This would have meant little to me if it hadn't been for this thread!
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine