The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 27 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Canal du Midi

We haven't been along the Canal that far East yet, on our list..

World Heritage Site at the mo Norman and the committee are going to do an inspection soon to see if it is going to stay that way because of the trees situation! That really will not help the situation at all me-thinks?

One other thing that is not helping the situation is also that the Tupperware tub hire companies, our name for the plastic hire boats, are putting more and more boats on the Canal and it's getting to the point of overload with longer and longer delays at the locks and the 2 year trial where the locks didn't close for the lunch hour in July and August has now stopped and there are always huge ques after lunch! I think it's called 'tune for maximum smoke'?

I now wonder just what Vioila, or whatever their name is, are going to do to screw more cash out of the Canal?

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

The Canal du Midi really is a wonderful canal to sail on. We made the trip last month on a Horizon from Le Somail to Carcassonne and we really enjoyed it. I strongly recommend to go before the summer as there are too much people in July and August which makes it difficult to go through the locks.
We went with Filovent to get the boat as they have offers from all shipowners.
   Report   Reply Quote
Cool [8-|]

You're replying to a thread from 2011.

It's difficult to say what my wife does...
She sells seashells on the seashore.
   Report   Reply Quote

sid wrote:
You're replying to a thread from 2011.

I think they're trying to advertise a hire agency.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine