Not my town, but a photo of one I know well and would love to live in

Where is that Norman?

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Snow! Snow! Snow!

Gardian wrote:

NormanH wrote:
Not my town, but a photo of one I know well and would love to live in

Where is that Norman?

I've kept wondering that too. At first glance I thought Le Mont Dore, but decided the hills weren't right and the river's too big, and that dinky tower/folly-thingy made me think of the Doubs/Franche-Comté area, or even that place on the Tarn where Charlotte Grey was filmed. This could run and run!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

It is St Geniez d'Olt in the Aveyron (the Olt is actually the Lot, but well before it gets to that department).
Lovely little town.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Can we have a weather update, please, people?

It's perishing here; MUCH too cold for snow but I bet there will be a very thick frost.

The best thing is that I will be able to snuggle down further inside my lovely, warm bed and feel thankful that my days of taking warm water out to clear the windscreen and getting in a panic about being late for work are nowadays no more than a distant memoryBig Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Over the little pond, I've been rather anxiously watching the weather forecast since I'm driving up to Manchester tomorrow - might be freezing fog, might be all right, but no snow.

At least I can wait for the rush hour to be over before starting out.

Report   Reply Quote

sweet 17 wrote:
Can we have a weather update, please, people?

OK! I realise I'm 12h  behind the request, but in case you're still interested, I can let you know it's raining ice here... Big Smile [:D]
It's not rain and it's not snow, and it's too small to qualify as hailstones, but it's noisy when it hits the Velux and it does  not melt or flatten on contact.

Temp -3°C overnight, and although the thermometer reads +3°C, the wind makes me believe I could almost be on my way to accompany Sir Ranulph on his latest adventure...

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Clair your weather sounds like the weather we had walking over the Pyrenees last June! Ick! [+o(]

Well done Sir Ran. I hope he makes it o.k. I once went to hear a lecture he gave which was just brilliant, they don't make too many like him!

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

At 7:50 this morning, the slightest dusting of snow as the bus I had just missed went past.  10 minutes later as I drove to work, you could hardly see 50 metres.  Heard on the radio that roads from France and Belgium into Luxembourg were at a standstill.
Just outside my office, a car just turned into the path of a bus, the bus had right of way, presumably because the car driver couldn't see the road markings they no longer applied.  Pity, it was a shiny red Audi A4 that got totaled.

Do not believe anything until it has been officially denied
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine