French Language

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Can one of the French people

Oops, pardon, Christine.

Je suis un petit peu à coté de mes pompes!Confused [8-)]  And it's not the policiers I fear, it's the men in white coats.......Woot! [:-))]

Edit:  I have a French friend, Annie, and I do say, for example, "le mari d'Annie".  Never thought about whether it's correct or not! 

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

It's very difficult NOT to make the elision when speaking, I would have thought! I shall just continue with my policy of refusing to befriend people with names starting in a vowel. This should eliminate any problems.Big Smile [:D]

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yeah, and have some good rillettes du Mans instead.   Stick out tongue [:P]

Animal Aid Saint Aubin

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

Report   Reply Quote

I should, out of simple regard for my patrimoine, as Le Mans is twinned with my hometown. And I do love a good rillette... Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

You can call me Betty wrote:
It's very difficult NOT to make the elision when speaking, I would have thought! I shall just continue with my policy of refusing to befriend people with names starting in a vowel. This should eliminate any problems.Big Smile [:D]

Good job my name doesn't start with a vowel then.  I should hate it if you not want to be my friend, Betty, should we ever meet in real life   BTW, might be back later if I can't do my French homework for class in the morning!Big Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

I will always make exceptions, Sweet! But if I find that my own rule does not fit my requirements, I shall rename all those friends encumbered with vowelly names, just to avoid any grammatical faux-pasBig Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine