French Language

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Can one of the French people

Oops, pardon, Christine.

Je suis un petit peu à coté de mes pompes!Confused [8-)]  And it's not the policiers I fear, it's the men in white coats.......Woot! [:-))]

Edit:  I have a French friend, Annie, and I do say, for example, "le mari d'Annie".  Never thought about whether it's correct or not! 

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

It's very difficult NOT to make the elision when speaking, I would have thought! I shall just continue with my policy of refusing to befriend people with names starting in a vowel. This should eliminate any problems.Big Smile [:D]

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yeah, and have some good rillettes du Mans instead.   Stick out tongue [:P]

Animal Aid Saint Aubin

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

Report   Reply Quote

I should, out of simple regard for my patrimoine, as Le Mans is twinned with my hometown. And I do love a good rillette... Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

You can call me Betty wrote:
It's very difficult NOT to make the elision when speaking, I would have thought! I shall just continue with my policy of refusing to befriend people with names starting in a vowel. This should eliminate any problems.Big Smile [:D]

Good job my name doesn't start with a vowel then.  I should hate it if you not want to be my friend, Betty, should we ever meet in real life   BTW, might be back later if I can't do my French homework for class in the morning!Big Smile [:D]

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

I will always make exceptions, Sweet! But if I find that my own rule does not fit my requirements, I shall rename all those friends encumbered with vowelly names, just to avoid any grammatical faux-pasBig Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine