Earning a Living

Topic has 38 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Big Smile [:D]

Re: Tea Room

Lehaut you are closer to the U.K. than we are so maybe that makes a differenceSmile [:)]
Visiting two stately homes near St Malo last Summer, what we really wanted afterwards was a cup of tea (and maybe a cake!).................but no, they just don't do that, such a missed opportunity. However I suspect it's the red tape and licensing that prevents this.

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Well tea and cake are flourishing a long way  South of Normandy

https://www.facebook.com/TheMadHatterMirepoix

they do cakes tea and coffee and light meals, including cream teas which I have witnessed French people eating for breakfast Woot! [:-))]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

NormanH wrote:
Well tea and cake are flourishing a long way  South of Normandy

https://www.facebook.com/TheMadHatterMirepoix

they do cakes tea and coffee and light meals, including cream teas which I have witnessed French people eating for breakfast Woot! [:-))]

Also in the Gard, Norman; one example locally is shown in the link I gave to Tea-potes at Anduze, which even shows a banner hanging up with 'tea & cakes' on it!

http://www.tea-potes.com/english/discover.htm

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Confused [8-)]Perhaps I don't get out enough!Wink [;-)]

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

Well, Cendrillon, if you're down in the Gard you'll be welcome to drop in - chez nous or our next door neighbours!  Smile [:)]

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

merci garden girlSmile [:)]

Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

www.tea-potes.com

Must say that I do like that word playBig Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

As an aside, has the fetish for cupcakes died down in the UK yet? The last time I was there the bloody things were everywhere, icing half a metre thick and unbelievably sickly sweet. I struggled to find a decent slice of actual cake and ended up in some health food place, that didn't seem to have succumbed to the lunacy, eating low sugar carrot cake that was a bit too carrot and not enough cake. 

Jon
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine