B&B/Chambres d'Hôtes Owners

Topic has 24 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Taking Credit and Debit Cards

I asked my dad at lunch time (some of us work you know - wink). He uses them for a deposit which is the first nights accommodation cost. He sends them a receipt for their payment and tells them that it is non refundable as per the terms and conditions on his website.

In the event of a chargeback which puts a black mark on your account if given he contests it by simply giving the link to the terms and conditions on his website which Paleven/SumUp uphold and the chargeback is refused.

On Booking.com it simply says a non refundable deposit but not how much. Apparently in law it's whoever issues the final terms and conditions that count as they are not a contract! To be honest I don't understand as it's legal stuff and I am not that interested.

He was very keen to explain that a chargeback is instigated by the client were as a refund is issued by the seller. One is a "good" thing and the other is very "bad". Also he had somebody who booked well in advance then cancelled at 100 days. He didn't have a problem in giving them a refund (special circumstances) but couldn't because you can't give a refund on a transaction over 90 days old.

As a side issue many South American countries, because of drugs and money laundering, are not allowed IBAN numbers which make bank to bank transfers almost impossible. The only option is to use Western Union but we all know the pitfalls with them.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine