The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 26 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: French High Street charity shops?

Do you have an annual Gratifaria in your French region.?We do and I think they're a fantastic idea. Our Gratifaria is organised by local Red Cross and local volunteers who invite people to bring their unwanted items. These can be books, household items, clothing etc. Items are arranged in different sections, usually displayed on the ground. Anyone can deposit items and anyone can take away what they want free of charge.. I've taken loads of unwanted things and found one or two treasures to take home . Most stuff gets taken on the day, any leftovers go to Red Cross shop (yes they have one at the office) or items go to Emmaus.
Cendrillon
   Report   Reply Quote

We have one (called something completely different) once a year at the Mairie. Having said that, I've never been there to see it!
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

We've also got a 'Box a Dons' in town where people can leave things and anyone can take them. Presumably the council clear out the junk regularly, but it's quite well used.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine