Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 30 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Immos nil - Leboncoin 1

nomoss wrote:
 AnOther wrote:

We decided a couple of years ago to have a complete change and relocate to Spain

You should definitely be able to look forward to a complete change etc..................
Well there's bitter and twisted !

Of course I'm sure nothing will have changed in the 18 years since you left, just as it hasn't in France in the same time period !

We have a number of friends living down there both long term and recent none of whom have reported any such experiences plus I will not be importing or exporting cars nor be a beneficiary of any Spanish pensions or even any Spanish derived income and if things go as we want it's very probable that we won't be buying into bricks an mortar either so while I thank you for the concern I'll take my chances Stick out tongue [:P]

Report   Reply Quote

AnOther wrote:

Of course I'm sure nothing will have changed in the 18 years since you left, just as it hasn't in France in the same time period !

That's the spirit!

Most Brits ignore the rules, if they are even aware of themBig Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Chancer wrote,

I now realise that there is something even worse than a bad loser.

A bad loser still whining 18 months later.

Indeed, but I find their Liberal tears still as sweet after all this time :-)

Report   Reply Quote

I predicted Brexit. I also predicted Trump.

Mystic ALBF predicts that the UK will never leave the EU.

Personally I really don't care one way or the other but it won't happen.

May will be out in weeks/months. The government will come to their senses and there will be a new referendum.

Thousands of Brexiters will have died of Aussie flu or in an ambulance waiting outside casualty since the last referendum and the ramainers will therefore have a landslide victory.

Trump will be impeached. Putin will invade somewhere. The Middle East will continue to blow itself apart. The chinese will continue to buy up the planet. Leven will still sell piles of stones in the shape of houses to the British.

Aliens will continue to laugh at us from space.

Bring on 2018.

(I reckon Earth must be prime time viewing for aliens)
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

"Indeed, but I find their Liberal tears still as sweet after all this time :-) "

With 16M of them crying there will be no need for you to have hose pipe ban this year.
   Report   Reply Quote

But 17.4M 'Trumps' your 16M. ;-)

Report   Reply Quote

16.2M still it might change at the next referendum who knows. It's the financial services mob that are calling the shots now and May will go with the Norway agreement. The Tories can't afford to screw with their paymasters. Fanatical Brexiters won't like this, it's not what they thought they were voting for. I mean what's the point if you leave but not really, just lose your vote at the EU table and everything else stays the same? Ironically it will be them that will want another referendum with a few more choices this time.

16.2M voters can cause a lot of trouble in politics and I don't expect your see the Tories in power after the next election.

Another bit of irony is that if you read other European press Brexit hardly gets a mention these days particularly in the French and German press. That will be the two countries Brexiteers say have the most to lose yet they don't exactly seem to be running round like chickens with their heads cut off in blind panic.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine