The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Spring!

Wat rain? A couple of measly showers here so far, waterbutties well empty. Doubtless this will change but in the meantime, I am getting elongated arms like a chimp from carrying water for the tomatoes and beanz! And hotty, hotty, hotty😡😡
Call me Mr. Suntan🌞
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

mogs wrote:
We have been here for 10 years after living in a damp and grey climate in Brittany. We moved further south for an improvement in the weather. Of the 10 years here, this has been the coldest, wettest and gloomiyest winters and spring that we have so far experienced in France. I don't mind cold but can't bear the rain and grey sky. Please weather God let us have summer.

Coldest, wettest and gloomiest.....that is about right, Mogs, and is also borne out by the bilan that Betty has posted.

It said March was "mausade" and I couldn't have described it better; also lack of sunshine and cold.  Had heating on just about every evening and some mornings in March.

I know that people from both my walking clubs have lamented an unprecedented number of walks having to be cancelled.  A group did go to the Arcachon for our spring weekend away and they told me that it rained the whole weekend.

Note to Richard:  If you want to think that it was "normal" and that we are simply used to warm springs and can't accept a few wet days, I can assure you that in this instance you are completely wrongStick out tongue [:P]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Maybe the quote from Shelley's Ode to the West Wind should be changed to
If spring comes, can summer be far behind?
It's not so bad here (SE England) but we've had a few thunderstorms and a lot of rain too.

Report   Reply Quote

Have been eagerly awaiting an evening walk tomorrow (even better, being taken by my neighbours so don't have to drive myself) and having dinner at a chateau.

Just looked at the forecast and, yes, you've guessed it..........thunderstorms and hailstonesIck! [+o(]

Feel sorry for the people whose place it is and especially if they are wondering how many (if any) dinners they'd need to cook.  Had the same walk and ate at the same place last year and it was something like a daube so will take forever to cook.  I suppose they can just freeze the mains but there will be a lot of bread and maybe desserts wasted........

Report   Reply Quote

Ooops - hopefully will pass quickly before evening.

Otherwise perhaps you could just skip the walk!!

Double meaning intended.
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Nah, no walk, no eat.........it's out in the open in candlelightWoot! [:-))]

Report   Reply Quote

A beautiful couple of days 28° warm and sunny. It was wonderful to see a sky so blue.

Pool temperature reached 28 also so, in we went.
   Report   Reply Quote

Berloody awful weather forecast for most of France, chaps, so batten down the hatches.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine