Re: French rail strikes

I certainly hope not.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

nomoss wrote:
Look on the bright side.

Defunct railway lines make wonderful cycle routes.Big Smile [:D]

Expensive cycle routes, perhaps, but very enjoyable.

Or, in the case of the town where I was brought up, lovely bypasses!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Interesting comment - can be taken two ways.

Environmentalists disagreeing about relative merits (my view) or right wing money grabbers with little conscience are agreeing as they drive their large cars or white vans to demand money from their poor tenants who cant buy their own houses.

Again irony is that these people vote for the tories who laugh at them, but do rely on them to further the cause of big business and off-shore billionaires whose money should be supporting the poor tenants!!!

Should only be a reasonable living for those who work towards providing the accommodation - not rocket science.
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Eh, contexr?
   Report   Reply Quote

lovely bypasses.

Keep up lad
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

All of the camel dung from a simple disued railway track. Great Bobo in a bucket , dickdick, you will have us all walking or cycling next. With deliveries in Trabants.
   Report   Reply Quote

Richard, you take my bypasses comment in quite the wrong way.  The town desperately needed a bypass, and there was no other way around it. Yorkshire river valleys I might add, and it has made the town thrive.  I was there last year and not at all easy to park, so popular it was.  Swings and roundabouts, the line was cut by Beeching and unlike many places cycling around the town and city was not difficult, and still is not.

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Not easy to park.

Well perhaps if folk took a train...................

...............Oh bu@@er no railway line.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine