Driving in France

Topic has 30 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Cancelling Car Insurance.

As far as I know all CT stations do is test cars.  They have nothing to do with removing them from the road (except if they fail so badly the owner os only allowed to drive home or to a garage) and they wouldn't necessarily know the procedure to 'SORN' them.

I've now declared the car as 'hors de circulation', got the acknowledgement from ANTS and sent it off to the insurance company.  I'll post with the result.......comme d'habitude it'll take them a week to reply.

Remember it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
   Report   Reply Quote

Asking questions like this on a forum is always going to get mixed results. And after 7 pages someone will just blame hitler or brexit.

It is like the age old question 'will I be insured when driving my car to a CT station when the CT has expired' ?

Well, why not ask the CT man ???? He will know.

My CT guy will know the procedure for talking a car off the road and using it for parts and I am sure most others do to. Its their job.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Yes I know and Brexit IS Hitler's fault, if he'd won the war there'd be no Brexit.
I'll now wait until I hear from the insurance company.

Remember it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

RESULT Today I got a mail from the agency, they're willing to cancel the assurance 'cos I 'registered' the car as hors de circulation as long as I send them the carte verte.

So once again many thanks to all the respondants and advice, I think we all learnt something.

Report   Reply Quote

tasng4 wrote:
................ So once again many thanks to all the respondants and advice, I think we all learnt something.

Except Chancer and me - we've been doing it for yearsBig Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

nomoss wrote:

Except Chancer and me - we've been doing it for yearsBig Smile [:D]

Oh, oh, nomoss, and what have you and Chancer been doing for years, pray?  And would you have been doing "it" together or separately?Wink [;-)]

tasng, I certainly learned something useful and I love this aspect of the forum....the capacity to learn things of which you yourself might not have a clue and might never need but which might nonetheless be of use at some indefinite time in the future!Big Smile [:D]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

mint wrote:
.......... Oh, oh, nomoss, and what have you and Chancer been doing for years, pray?  And would you have been doing "it" together or separately?Wink [;-)] .............................

Trading in old nailsBig Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine