French Language

Topic has 28 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: A question for YCCMB

Good morning, richard51 :-) Apologies for having put you on the defensive! It was just a poor attempt at humour :-) My name really is Noisette. The French can't cope with 'H'.
https://youtu.be/1JlRyK3Q6gc
Aren't we lucky that there are so many different methods for learning nowadays! It's just a matter of finding the ones best adapted. Bonne journée :-)
Be alert!! Your country needs lerts.....
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks H. I knew that was your name.
I once lived in an upstairs flat, near here, and downstairs was a family with a daughter called Hazel. The times we heard the mother yelling "ay-ZEL! where are you?

Report   Reply Quote

I could cope with that....it's the aarggghhzel that pees me off lol. Still, had the chance to change it to something French, glamourous, even sexy, during the nationality application and bottled out. I'd never have remembered to answer to it :-) Like calling a Rottweiler 'Woofles' heehee.
   Report   Reply Quote

This is quite helpful

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you NormanH . Every little helps :-)
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine