The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 31 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Heatwave

woolybanana wrote:
Important heatwave tip Some red wines go a bit syrupy if they get too warm. An hour or so in the fridge does them good.😅

Safer to drink them before they deteriorateBig Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Always drink asap.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

We are technically in Herault, as my sig says, but basically surrounded by the eastern end of the the Aude, and today, thank the Lord, there was a breeze, which meant it was survivable.  I don't know what it got to in the garden though, which surrounded by high-ish walls is never typical ... and it must have been pretty nasty in Beziers, NormanH, nor, as you say, is it cooling down at night .. so I am in front of the fan (no a/c) and downstairs is tolerable, at least. 

I am suffering more from some sort of rhinitis, cold, cough thing, and that is definitely doing me in ...

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!
   Report   Reply Quote

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/28/france-on-red-alert-as-heatwave-forecast-to-reach-record-45
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Definitely cooler here today so may be able to cut the grass tomorrow if it continues.
Plus loadsa deadheading and weeding, yuck!

The problem is that my flowerbeds are chock a block so it is difficult to get into the beds. In the winter will plant some discreet slabs.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

It's coming up North now...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2019/07/19/le-record-absolu-de-temperature-du-28-juin-reevalue-a-46-c_5491182_3244.html
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Yes, a bit ch today, so shutters down, fans flat out and minimal clothing.

Watching the Tour however gives a degree of consolation, knowing that those poor riders are suffering more than we are.

According to the local weather forecast, the temp. is expected to drop something like 16 degrees overnight.
Will seem quite cold but can maybe cut the grass though maybe it will burn.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine