The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Woolybanana and Richards51

mint wrote:
As to Richard he did direct many, many nasty posts my way over many months and I felt stalked and picked on and thoroughly fed up with the incessant niggling and needling.

He does seem to have the knack of picking on those less able to defend themselves.

In view of certain things which have come to light over recent years, I wonder just what was his function in the NHS.

Certainly not the sort of person I would ever want to consult.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Having worked in the NHS for 41 years it came as no surprise to see NHS Consultant in the footing - assuming it was as a medical consultant as opposed to a management consultant.
It is undemocratic to ask the people if a negotiated deal is what they want.

Then how can it be democratic to ask MPs for a third time if what they do not want is what they want?
   Report   Reply Quote

Would a consultant have gone via the PhD route?
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

I didn't think that consultants needed to have a PhD, I may be wrong, but don't medical doctors have to be an MD and lots of other initials, but I cannot remember seeing PhD as one of them. 

However, even if someone does not actually have a PhD, they may be equivalently qualified.

Report   Reply Quote

You could say that you were anything on here - it wouldn’t have to be true.

In my experience of life (and I don’t doubt that this view would be shared by many on here) few feel the need to ‘tell the world’ about their current or former status. Particularly if it was of a ‘higher order’.

View with doubt / suspicion.

Report   Reply Quote

Gardian wrote:
You could say that you were anything on here - it wouldn’t have to be true. In my experience of life (and I don’t doubt that this view would be shared by many on here) few feel the need to ‘tell the world’ about their current or former status. Particularly if it was of a ‘higher order’. View with doubt / suspicion.

+ 1.

Anyone who has travelled around a bit should agree that the taller the story, and the further away from home it is told, the less credible it is.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine