French Language

Topic has 26 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Speaking french

idun wrote:
Ah nomoss, where does get better then!

France certainly changed during my time there and the Uk changed during my time away, but better is not a word I would use for either.

And last time we were back in France, the traffic was horrendous. My friend had stopped driving to work, and caught the bus as the bus lanes got the buses through.

So where does get 'better' and not just different.

Our little town in France has got better to live in, certainly not worse, since we came here, partly due to improved contact through computers. However, the nearest city, Carcassonne, has not improved at all. It is more crowded, and the traffic is worse every time we go there.

We can still drive into the countryside on roads not a lot busier than they were 20 years ago, and the small towns and villages are as pleasant and friendly as ever.

But we are more and more aware that we are living in an area becoming increasingly less connected with the busy towns around us.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I totally agree. Also :
  • Dye your hair dark.
  • Change your name, because it's bound to be a dead giveaway.

Report   Reply Quote

quote woolybanana "Spider, you fit right in in this forum. But I wonder if you are not an alias for a late member! 👹 "
taking the mickey indeed?
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine