Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 28 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: VAN HIRE

I give you one Travel Tips For Get Vans For rent If you are planning a trip to Southern California, or the Southland as they refer to it out there, consider a Los Angeles van rental for your group. Airport Van Rental is who we used and I recommend them to everyone. They have well-maintained vehicles from the minivan up to 15-passenger vans, and offer online discounts.

Report   Reply Quote

Many moons ago we did the "buy a cheap Transit" tactic. We loaded up in Reading, down to Dover, on to Boulogne where we had a small collection of bits and pieces to load up. Then onwards to the residence secondaire in Manche. The van blew up on the Caen peripherique ... had to hire another van on the spot, transfer all the stuff and carry on. We ended up having to scrap the Transit ... local garage wanted well over a grand for a new head gasket ... hey, c'est la vie, but I was not amused at the time.
Jim (Oxfordshire and Manche)
   Report   Reply Quote

La Guerriere wrote:
Many moons ago we did the "buy a cheap Transit" tactic. We loaded up in Reading, down to Dover, on to Boulogne where we had a small collection of bits and pieces to load up. Then onwards to the residence secondaire in Manche. The van blew up on the Caen peripherique ... had to hire another van on the spot, transfer all the stuff and carry on. We ended up having to scrap the Transit ... local garage wanted well over a grand for a new head gasket ... hey, c'est la vie, but I was not amused at the time.

If you are not Tony Hawks then he describes a similar thing in his book Piano in the Pyrenees

BREXIT - wonder what the future holds
   Report   Reply Quote

I hope the vans for hire from Los Angeles are seaworthy and have a good fuel capacity, it's a long way across the ocean to France. Does the van hire company insist on a Master Mariner's certificate?

Will

intentionally blank signature

Report   Reply Quote

No Im not Tony Hawks but he has my sympathy !
Jim (Oxfordshire and Manche)
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine