Earning a Living

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Average wage in your part of France

Living in both France and USA you will not make as much in France. But life will be a little bit easier, less stressful. I currently work in USA but if I could get the vacation back I would definitely give up some salary.

Maybe later!
   Report   Reply Quote

I don't know about work in the USA, but with both of us having worked in France I can say, categorically, that working life in France can be extremely difficult and stressful.

Truthfully, I think the non-French are better off holidaying or retiring in France (though before anybody else mentions it dealing with CPAM and the like can often result in raised blood pressure for the early-retired). Smile [:)]

Will

intentionally blank signature

Report   Reply Quote

The pay system in France is simply from 1948 and a complete fiasco and injust. L'anciennete, is disgusting.

Chancer said that people in their 20's will earn less, well ofcourse that is a 'truth', but who expects to get onto their maximum salary for their current position and grade, after 20 years of work or even longer. A huge difference between min and max salary to boot.

Most companies I worked for in the UK had me on max salary for my position and grade after a couple or three years.

PS The minimum wage in France used to be 'good', ofcourse there is no anciennete if you are on that, just rubbish pay every month!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine