French Language

Topic has 38 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: What do you call a scraper?

I thought of you today, Sweet; we were in Carrefour, when I remembered I wanted some scone cutters. On finding them, I saw they had spatulas at €1.06 - cheap at the price, I thought!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

NOW you tell me, GG!  Thanks a bundle!Cry Out [:'(]
Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

I bought a couple of these silicone spoony-type things from Leclerc for 1€ each. Even if they don't last (wooden handle), they won't have cost the earth!
If/when I next order from Lakeland, I'll get a couple of these. They're brilliant and last a long long time...

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Yes, Clair, I do like the rubber ones but they do tend to have bits drop off the edges after a while.

I don't mind plastic but they do look so ugly.....ugh!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

I thought of this discussion this morning when watching my daughter scrape the frost off her windscreen wearing a big, fluffy glove with a scraper at the end. Try Feu Vert for one.

Report   Reply Quote

I would call it a spatula in english and a spatule in french, for once the words mean the same.
   Report   Reply Quote

Oh blast! I knew the answer to the original question, but didn't even look at the thread as I thought the scraper in question is the kind you use on a car windscreen to get rid of frost - and I don't know what THAt is called.

Une spatule or une maryse (if you watch loads of cookery programmes you will know) but as usual, Clair knew it and was so much faster on her keyboard.Big Smile [:D]

Now, could anyone tell the name of the scraper for car windscreen/window? Or has it been said earlier and I have missed it?

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine