French Language

Topic has 41 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: What is intermediary French ?

I had no desire to listen to the girl in the long dress, I may be a woman, but females who squark just do my head in and these days I just turn off. The others, ouais, I understood....... could I write it, this 'langue'age........ very  badly that is for sure.

Report   Reply Quote

I hope you are not talking about Amélie ...IDUN. Grrr.

We visited a house when we were house hunting (like you do) and would you believe, the person who visited the house just before us was Audrey Tautou !!! That is a true story. That was 15 ish years ago before she got famous.

I have seen a few stars over the years living in France. I once saw Mimie Mathy in Galeries Lafayette in Paris. Blimey can she walk fast for someone so small !!!! Really, it was quite spectacular.

Norman.....Mimie Mathy is an iconic French actress !!
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Why taquines NH, he has been in France a long time and I am sure knows exactly who MM is. I do, not so keen

Report   Reply Quote

Bet you ten ponds he does not. LOL.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Who is Galeries Lafayette?

ALBF, why do you have to play silly little boys' games; without this sad aspect of your character you could be a passable human poster?

And do leave Norman alone, he does tend to bite if he has not had his daily walkie. He does, by the way have a more than passing knowledge of things French. He is also curiously well educated.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

@ woolly

I'm guessing Norman has the same dark sense of humour as me.

and BTW...I like playing silly boys games....in between being nice.

Question for you, who was woolybrother on this forum ?
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I would say that Mimie Mathy has a physical stature that corresponds to the intellectual stature  of ALBF.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Betty, not too sure, though there was a randy Woolybanana at one time, my much missed sister.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine