Photography in France

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Best buy Digital SLR

Asking a question, I think there are adapters for one manufacturer to another, Canon to Nikon for example. I saw one from Konica to Nikon which could be handy, as my father had some Konica AR gear which I have kept inc the lenses.
Would this work?
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

The thing you have to remember when using old lenses with an adapter is that you will lose TTL (through the lens metering) and you will be manually focusing. So essentially you will manually do everything with the most important part being trying to exposure correctly.

That is more for the advanced photographer. Not something I would advise to be honest at this stage. The optical quality of the lenses will unlikely be as good as the Nikon ones designed for the camera so really it is just for fun to use adapters and old lenses.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks ALBF, I got the old lenses and Konica out of the loft, apparently that Konica started a revolution in camera TTL an auto reflex TC? not worth much looking at an auction site but I think I will put it up there with the lenses and teleconverters and a set of bellows!? might buy me something a do want. Sorry for all the questions, bound to be bored with it in 6 months and move on to another hobby Big Smile [:D]

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine