The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 55 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: NOT Posting threads or replies

Oh Richard, how lovely of you to pop by..I thought you might be poorly, such was your silence. I will explain, as I'm sure you will want me to. I have a monthly payment plan in the UK. I used the term "contract" for brevity. I pay monthly, thus avoiding having to pay the ridiculous additional per-call or per-minute tariffs of a PAYG contract (see what I did there? Brevity) . I can stop paying tomorrow, if I so wish, as its a sim-only arrangement.

Apropos of nothing in particular, I travelled on the world's longest cable car a couple of weeks ago. Oddly, I believe there's a separate record for the world's longest bridge. I wonder why anyone would make that distinction?

Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Whenever you pay for and get services, then I believe that is a contract, whether it be daily weekly monthly, whatever. Your monthly payments presumably go to a supplier in return for their services.

Your ramblings are by no means brief and your sarcasm rather pathetic to both me and others on this thread. Ipads are not the best just because you have chosen one.

Functionality is the key word that you appear to be missing when describing things.. The airline/cable over the Thames actually bridges over the Thames - hence it can be called a bridge. What did the thing that you went on do?

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Found it rather hurtful, and extremely unfriendly, to be called a 'mug' when on a rational, logical level due to circumstances of living here in France - it makes every sense - for ME. 
Rather dismissive comment which indicates a poster not willing to listen to other's reasonable reasons for making certain decisions.
As for 'sucking eggs' and 'dotage' maybe the poster is completing a bucket list for themselves before the dotage referred to sets in !!!  
With my daughter and son-in-law running their own techno business, as well as web design and social media consultancy - won't take me more than a day or two to 'catch up' with all the latest gizmos in 2025 when we may be returning to UK.   And it'll be the latest gadgets as well - so this grannie won't need to be taught very much - I'll be ahead of the curve...........
Hey ho - takes all sorts.
Chessie

Report   Reply Quote

Very cheesy, Cheesy!🌝🧀
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Chessie wrote:

Maybe the Ipads aren't such a great idea; not a clue cause I don't want, don't need, and not inclined to spend a lot of money just to flash around something expensive to get lost, get broken, or stolen. Not for me.

I feel sorry for some people who are always 'plugged into' their Ipads, mobiles etc - they seem to live their lives in a bubble; as in 'I'm so important, must follow social media, friends have to be able to speak to me instantly - they might forget me if they can't get hold of me right now, this instant....'
Don't need, don't want, don't like.
You live most of your life (I presume) in the UK and need to be in contact with everyone because of your busy working life, social life etc.
I live in France; I'm retired - I no longer need that 'urgent, busy, important' mode of life any more - thank goodness

There are some aspects of living in France, during the winter, when at dead of night after an 'incident' when the temps are well below freezing that maybe not everyone who 'visits' France has actually encountered. Until one has, maybe it's rather unfriendly to condemn without having experienced the loneliness of the dark, deserted night - with no friendly houselights around.

Oblique references to people who "flash around" iPads, the "I'm so important" jibes, the "people who "visit" France....

No different really, than me asking "who's the mug and you assuming it was a reference to you...

Richard: I'm no fan of the iPad in particular. I've consistently stuck to a policy of not having an iPhone, because I refuse to entrust my entire online life to Apple. I began by pointing out that my decision was based on a combination of price and convenience. It's cheaper than any comparable alternatives. That. Is. All. But you'll find a way of twisting almost everything I say because you derive some perverse amusement from it. Whatever.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Betty - how the hell can you dare make assumptions about my health.

Your posts are based on northern lass made good (by whatever rmeans ) and everybody on here who doesnt speak french, or even does speak french but is poor, is less than me because I've done well ( by whatever means). I therefore know best and have lived near royalty. I'm poor but can spend lots of money if necessary.

I make the comment "by whatever mean" because you have not explained why you know better.. Please do. Can I remember that your OH have different qualities?

Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Am I being too brief?

ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

And you, dickdick, Basingstoke or Corby boy made good but with scars that show?

Do calm down, all of you or I will call albf to squeak at you.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine