The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 59 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: I dont suppose you've noticed

OK, I will bite. Its another (non-food) discount warehouse with a purchasing division and evolving distribution system (explains Chancers comment of 2 units close together).

Seems to have the occasional food item though.

The one in Trelissac (Perigreux) is in the same tin industrial unit as animalis.com.

Discount units have their usages but note that:

1. buying a discount shower gel may be less expensive per bottle but to get the same "foamy/smelly" effect may require the whole bottle. I don't think that Lush, for example, will go out of business - by competing on overall value for money terms rather than unit volume price.

2. We once bought a bottle of wine from JTF in the UK for £3.50p. OMG - sugar had crystallized out in the bottle!

3. The plastic toys are usually cr@p - worse than cheap Christmas crackers.

So, may be useful for some everyday products. Possibly (rough) bog rolls but is it worth the extra petrol getting there.

Nb for JTF the £3.50p did not include the VAT.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Chancer wrote:

One visit to Action and you can see why they are sweeping through France and even installing in the smallest of towns like mine when only a year before they opened in a big town not even 15km away.

I was pleasantly surprised. Got a tube of (Colgate) toothpaste for 99 cents too. Quite refreshing to see a fair few branded products at the sort of prices I'd find them in the UK.
My friend who came with me was sick to see they had tins of chalk paint for €4.99 as she'd just paid closer to €20 for the same size tin of Liberon.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Haha -how much petrol did you use.

https://www.action.com/fr-fr/search/?q=+le+dentifrice

About a quid for the colgate flouride stuff in Morrisons.

Ask OH to bring some down.

Any colour as long as its white or light gray.

https://www.action.com/fr-fr/search/?q=+bo%C3%AEtes+de+peinture+%C3%A0+la+craie

Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

1. It's directly opposite my nearest supermarket, so no extra distance than I travel for shopping.
2. It's a month till anyone from the UK comes out. I brush my teeth twice daily. Long time to wait unnecessarily if a product is available locally.
3. If you've bought white paint and you find white paint cheaper, you're disappointed.

Report   Reply Quote

Paint

Not if its contract paint!

Takes lots more coats.

Toothpaste

https://fd7-courses.leclercdrive.fr/magasin-082401-Trelissac/recherche.aspx?TexteRecherche=le%20dentifrice%20colgate

77 cents here.

ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Boring beyond belief though it must be for every other person reading this..
The Colgate toothpaste I bought for 99 cents for 100ml is actually €1.70 on your link for 75ml.
Do you know anything about chalk paint? If you did, then you would be aware that your comments don't really apply.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi mint.

Which online stores do you use please? My pharmacy bill is going up with all the supplements I usually take, like magnesium and glucosamine.
   Report   Reply Quote

https://www.healthspan.co.uk/

Been using them for over 30 years for glucosamine etc supplements. Even put in orders for French friends. They deliver to France.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine