Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 68 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: The Brits are back....to the Dordogne !!!!

@ Chezshells

Is that not a French tradition as well ? The country that invented Champagne, Chanel and Chateaux. LOL

Never been to Paris, Lyon, Nice, St Tropez, Monaco... Chezshells ?

@ Mint...answered your question on the other thread
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I have (not Paris) and they are not the reason I bought in France.
   Report   Reply Quote

supposedly 1001 chateaux in that there cheap and nice Dordogne
   Report   Reply Quote

3/4 of the population live in these types of places !!! The other 1/4 like shooting animals on Sundays. LOL.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

The best place in France to live is where you find an area that suits you, your lifestyle and you where you feel comfortable. All this snobbish rubbish about not living next door to or mixing with other Brits is ridiculous, and just a wind up being carried on from other forums. To quote a very famous French Football manager who in reply to a reporter as to why he always claimed his players were the best. He said, "everybody thinks their wife is the prettiest". I think that is the same for genuine people, not the wind-up merchants, saying that where they live is the best.
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

As an (un)genuine person I can honestly say that where I live is not the best!

Someone has to live in these places though.

Report   Reply Quote

Nicky P is back....thumps up. I cant do a yellow smily thumps up thingy on my computer. But if I could it would be a thumps up.

Chancer, you live in France. LOL. Do they sell salad cream down your local market ?
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

As someone who makes just about everything from scratch that I can..... all I can say is................

.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! salad cream, I had forgotten how good it was until I got backBig Smile [:D]

I was trying to explain to someone the other day about being in a waiting room in France and I knew that the other lady waiting was english. My son had said that there was a girl in college with an english mother and hence I knew where she was from and in fact who she was. She lived along the valley from me a few villages down. Apart from the usual bonjours I said not another word to her.

I am usually VERY chatty, but not this time.

I never wanted to live near any other english and I knew where many were in my region. Firstly, I had moved to France, and IF I had lived near other english people, reckon that I could have taken the easy route by not making an effort to learn french, I knew of some who did just that, could hardly speak a word after years. So that was my guiding force, why move to France to be near other british people..... better to stay at home as far as I was concerned.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine